YST Inclusion Dec 2021
Move Like Me – four new videos added
Introducing you to Adam and Aliya from Crownhills and Tarell and Will from Dorothy Goodman School (all from Leicestershire) who are the latest YST Move Like Me young presenters. Check out their brilliant videos here and please share to help inspire other young people with SEND to give these sports a go and stay active. All four young people are keen sports people, and demonstrate both great sporting and presenting skills in front of the camera.
Inclusion 2024 Live Week – 07-11 February
From 07-11 February 2022 we are delighted to announce that we will be supporting the Youth Sport Trust with their Inclusion 2024 Live Week. This week is completely free to access for all schools across the country and will be all delivered virtually. With some inspirational and unique content planned, we have an ask from you all whereby we would love you to promote this opportunity through your schools and colleagues. Please do look out for more information on this coming into your inbox after the festive break.
Step into Sport
Following the success of last year’s Step Into Sport virtual programme with have decided to offer a blend of both virtual and hoping for a return to our live face to face conference. This is due to take place in Feb / March so watch out for more details in the new year. Please register your interest via this short survey.
Step into Sport registration 2021-22
Intergalactic Athletes | A new FREE KS3/4 creative education resource, combining students’ visual, analytical and written skills
Challenge you students to design outer-space, Intergalactic Athletes, in 2D, 3D, or both! Check out the resource at: www.intergalactic-athletes.io
- Simple teacher resources to use, ready for delivery in your classroom
- Student work is featured in an online space-themed gallery
- All submissions receive a bespoke digital certificate.
- Can be delivered in curriculum, for extra-curricular enrichment or for after school clubs (both for the classroom or remotely at home)
- Subjects covered: Art & Design, D&T, English (but challenge your students to get physically ‘Intergalactic’ active through the process!)
- Immersive space themed story and project experience for students
- Includes an engaging Intergalactic Athletes video brief
- Young people can imagine what other sports are currently being played in space – keeping all of those aliens, robots and all sorts of creatures, perhaps even other humans, active
“Intergalactic Athletes allows students to embrace a creative journey that has no boundaries. It provides the foundations for young people to design athletes that have never existed and explore their imagination without worrying about what is right or wrong. It inspires creative thinking and could be the catalyst for the next J. K. Rowling, Tolkien, or Roald Dahl – individuals that have used imagination and innovation to create new worlds.”
Jack Andrews, Head of 3D Design, Simon Balle School
Intergalactic Athletes is a project by Triple Double, a London-based creative studio that unleashes how youth engage in sport and education.